It’s been so long, friends! I added the Diaper Derby – Recap post and then fell off the blogging planet. I had written that post, written a few posts that I needed to add photos from T’s phone before posting so I saved as drafts, and then I felt crushed by sadness at work and stopped posting. I kept thinking of things to share, but never had the time.
Here’s what happened in a 3 week block of time at work: (not looking for sympathy, just explaining):
- 2 people I like were fired
- the president of the company died (he was old and I didn’t know him well, but it was still sad and also made us all feel like our jobs were precarious)
- the awesome woman I sit next to was diagnosed with cancer
- my boss (whom I love) resigned
- the day after she told me she had resigned, her brother (a police officer) died. The whole situation was very sad and my boss didn’t come back to work for 1 1/2 weeks. She returned for a few days but I wouldn’t have blamed her if she never returned – but it was stressful on top of being tragic.
- I’m in the middle of a large project and I feel like an island without support – hopefully things are getting better though.
All of that is a total downer. So let me say something happy:
TODAY IS THE BABY’S FIRST BIRTHDAY!
I promise to post about her birthday party (and I just realized I never said anything about her birth story… so maybe I’ll do that too), but I’ll leave you with this:
That smiling face waiting for me at home made all of the hard days manageable. And I promise to start posting again!