This past week was really rough for me, motivation-wise.
I was sick for the majority of the week but I also had a lot of really important stuff going on at work that I just felt that I couldn’t miss.
I realized this week that one of my biggest motivators are the words “I can’t.” I try not to tell myself things like “I can’t run an extra mile,” but I certainly tell myself:
- I can’t miss work today
- I can’t skip rehearsal because I have to lead it
- I can’t skip rehearsal because we need the work, I feel behind
- I can’t let other people down
- I can’t reschedule important meetings because that’s not fair to my coworkers
I can’t, I can’t, I can’t – but ironically it gets me going!
Next week, I’m going to focus on more “I can’ts”
- I can’t just hang out on the couch
- I can’t ignore the important things on my “To Do” list (*ahem* “filing taxes,” I’m looking at you!)
- I can’t avoid running for another week (especially with spring weather right around the corner)
I’m going to embrace “I can’t” and kick my own butt!