Well, I have moved into my 30s now. I always try to look at the bright side of things… so here is my attempt at not feeling old.
Farewell to a decade that I loved. During my twenties, a lot of good things happened:
- I met the love of my life (and we moved in together)
- I graduated college
- I figured out “what I wanted to be when I grew up” and started grad school
- I’ve held 5 jobs
- I’ve had lots of fun with a community theater
- I’ve met many wonderful people
- I’ve seen many of friends get married
- I’ve seen many of my friends have babies
- I went through the strongest hurricane on recorded history (at the time, I don’t know if that changed)
- I’ve lived in another state (although not very far away)
- I’ve lived in another country (although not for very long)
- I ran my first 5k
- I’ve seen a lot of professional theater
I have visited:
- Washington, DC
- Los Angeles (x2)
- Southbeach, FL (x2)
- Orlando, FL
- England (x2)
- the Netherlands
I expect my 30s will also be a lot of fun. I already know that:
- I’ll be attending at least 2 weddings.
- I’ve already got some theater tickets (granted they’re at my school)
- At least one friend will be having a baby (in two months!) and I’m sure a few more will as well
- I’ve got a few destinations already picked out for the next few vacations
- I expect to graduate grad school and start a PhD program
- I’m already set to run another 5k and I want to run a 9k and a 10k this year
My 30s will be great, right? They’ll be fun and I can still be fit!
What was your favorite decade of life?